Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is an IR?
An institutional repository (IR) manages, preserves and disseminates an institution's intellectual outputs and digital assets. Such a repository holds a wide variety of material that reflects the institution's intellectual wealth. Our IR is called the UWC Research Repository.
Depositing your articles
Articles and other scholarly output are deposited via the UWC Article Drop, a holding platform from which they are harvested and uploaded to the Research Repository. A simple guide to the use of the Article Drop is available here. An instructional video to using the Article Drop is also available on the UWC Library Youtube channel here.
Welcome to the UWC Research Repository guide. The repository is an online service that stores, and distributes research output of UWC faculty. The repository services include:
- Providing a central gateway to UWC scholarly output;
- Increasing the online visibility of deposited content;
- Helping researchers comply with the UWC Open Access mandate and funder requirements;
- Consultation service for assistance with publishing and licensing contracts;
- Assisting authors in finding publishing venues;;
- Providing a permanent URL or DOI (online address) for deposited content;
- The repository serves as an archive for long-term storage and preservation of scholarly output.
For assistance with any scholarly publishing services contact the Manager for Scholarly Communication, Mark Snyders
Telephone: +27 21 959 2938
UWC LIBRARY & INFORMATION SERVICES
University of the Western Cape,
Robert Sobukwe Road,
Tel: 021 959 2946